Thursday, March 29, 2018

News worth thinking about

https://kiwikidsnews.co.nz/social-media-addiction/

Today we read an article about how much time big kids spend on social media.  We had a chat and discovered that there are people in our lives that might have the same problem.  

16 kids said Mum spends too much time on a device, 14 say it's Dad and 13 say their big brothers and sisters spend too long on a device.

Here are a few challenging statements from the kids: 

"When I talk to them they just say 'Mmmhmm' but they don't really listen."  

"They don't move around very much"

"They don't see me do cool stuff like cool handstands"

"They don't have time to play with me"

"They don't really want to talk with me"

Scary isn't it?  They don't need fancy trips - get them involved in cooking dinner, go for a walk and talk about the things that you see, read a bedtime story, schedule a 'date night', put your phone down when you talk with them.  I think I'm going to be looking at the time my family spend device free, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making a comment. Please note that all comments have to be seen and approved by the class teacher before you will be able to view them online.

Week 8 Term 3

" He mauri te reo Māori nō Aotearoa māu, mā tātou katoa' 'MAKE TE REO MĀORI AN ESSENTIAL PART OF NEW ZEALAND FOR YOU, FOR US...